Friday, June 4, 2010

5 years and counting....


I thought it would be best to say how long I have been natural. I have been on my journey for 5 straight years. I got my first perm when I was 23 and that lasted only 2 years. I didn't realize what I had. I missed my natural waves, kinks, and curls... and so did my husband.


I went for the big chop and made the hairstylist mad. I walked in and told her to cut every straight piece you see... and she did. Then as she was styling my hair she practically begged me to let her straighten my hair. AHEM, isn't that defeating the purpose??? lol! She told me my hair would look so much better straight. I told her my hair looks so good natural and that is what I am paying for.


She did not know how to style natural hair and was addicted to that hair crack. I told her to just wet my hair and put some product in it. It worked and I have been rocking it ever since.


Don't get me wrong, I will straighten my hair with the InStyler every now and then, but I love my natural hair. I hope you all love your natural hair too because it is beautiful.


Let no one tell you differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment