Saturday, June 12, 2010

What does Society Want to See from Me???

I am new to the Oklahoma area. I am a military wife, proudly but with that comes uprooting every few years which leaves me out of work and scrambling to find another one as soon as possible. Usually when I go to a job interview I wear my hair straight because I felt that I would mesh better with everyone. That in itself is wrong because I was hiding myself from myself.

So now, here I am back in the job search thinking about who I am. I can tell you this. I am everything: Straight, Curly, Natural, and Naptural. I encompass all these things and proud to do so but I am naturally Naptural ninety-five percent of the time. I feel that when I go to job interviews I should do more of the same, and show them who I am.

My hair is curly... and I love it. If I show confidence and how much I truly love me, I have a feeling they will love me too... Naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment