Friday, June 25, 2010

My Big Chop Photo


I decided to go natural fully in 2006 but did the Big Chop in 2007. I was looking everywhere for a picture and finally found one. I was so happy when I did this. I went to the salon and told the lady to cut every piece that was straight, and she looked shocked but she did it. I was amazed that my stylist a black woman did not know how to style Natural Hair. All she wanted to do was straighten it. She kept saying my "type" of hair would look so good straight. If I wanted my hair to be straight I would not have told her to cut the straight pieces out of my hair.


It is really interesting to me how people think. What good is length if your hair is not healthy? My hair was not doing what I wanted it do so it was time to let it go.


Hair is nothing without the person who has it.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I wish I had the confidence when I did the Big Chop. I wore a weave for 8 weeks afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I felt so relieved. I loved how my hair was... I used to always wear it straight so when I got it cut like this I had to learn about my hair in its natural state. It grew back pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete